This Starter Box contains everything you need to start playing Call of Cthulhu RPG.
Players take on the role of investigators of mysteries, uncovering dark secrets, encountering strange monsters, and thwarting sinister cults. Together, you and your friends create and develop a story in which each of your characters plays a leading role, which could be foiling some dastardly plot or stopping horrors from beyond space and time!
Roleplaying games are a social pastime. Everyone works together in a team, each playing an investigator character. One player runs the game - the Keeper of Arcane Lore - who referees the game and presents the story and adventure plots to the other players. Think of it a bit like acting in a drama, but where there isn't a script. Dice and the rules of the game determine the success or failure for your character's actions - all while you are propelled into dramatic and nerve-tingling situations! The emphasis is on having fun.
This set includes four classic adventures for over ten hours of game play: Alone Against the Flames, Paper Chase, Edge of Darkness, and Dead Man Stomp.
• Book One: Introduction & Alone Against the Flames - a solo introductory adventure, teaching you the basics of Call of Cthulhu as you play through a mystery.
• Book Two: Call of Cthulhu Starter Rules - the basic rules needed for starting play.
• Book Three: Adventures - three starter adventures for your players to explore.
• Ready-Made Investigators - Five ready-to-play game characters.
• Blank Investigator Sheets - Ready for creating your own investigators.
• Roleplaying Dice - A set of six polyhedral dice for use in the game.
• Handouts - A set of ready-to-use props.